House hunting can be a tiring affair. It is also a time consuming one. But it’s also fun 🙂
There is something special about looking for your first home together. It’s a whole new energy, a whole new vibe. It truly is the unknown. But a happy unknown.
We went house hunting again this weekend, and it was a great experience, because one of the condos we walked into took our breaths away. It felt like a perfect space for us, and that has never happened so far, so it was a positive sign. Only downside – it’s available for September, and not December. However, things we took away from this:
– We both definitely want hardwood floors, granite countertops and stainless steel appliances – all the bells and whistles as our real estate agent calls it.
– We’re willing to compromise on space a bit for these features.
– We definitely want a 2 bedroom 2 washroom unit. If the space is small, the 2nd bedroom is needed, and since we both leave for work at about the same time, the 2 washrooms are a must. And so we have crossed out the 1 bedroom + den from our “maybe” list.
So we’re learning as we go, and I smell victory – the perfect condo is just around the corner. In fact, we may have even checked it out.
We checked out the sister building of this complex right after – the location was different though. However, it did meet a lot of our requirements:
– It is also a brand new space, and available for November, which we can easily to push to December
– It’s on the top floor (26th), so the view will be great
– Its a 2 bed 2 bath, and falls within our budget
– The complex itself is very luxurious and inviting – lots of amenities.
– Close to both A’s and my work
Only downside (as there must always be) – the location. It’s in a part of town that we’ve never lived in before and we are apprehensive of making the move there. That is the only thing that is holding us back for this. So we decided to check out a few more options so that we really know what is out there before we zero in on anything.
While looking at their model suites, I was keeping an eye out for furniture placement – biggest and best trick: they had a giant mirror on one wall of the living room, which doubled the space. We’re definitely doing that – it’s on my checklist for “Stuff to buy for new home: Giant mirror”
And so, on goes the hunt…hope to “catch” something soon! 🙂